The Centre will aim to promote positive relationships with and between:
- Community Service Professionals
- Professionals, parents and families
- Families and other families
- Management, parents and professionals
- The centre and relevant community agencies and organisations
- Children and the broader community
The Quality Relationships will support the children to:
- Feel a sense of belonging
- See themselves as valued, unique and powerful human beings
- Engage in respectful and engaging relationships
- Appreciate and understand the effects of communication, collaboration and working together as a means of generating new ideas, being creative and thoughtful and solving problems.
These relationships will be life enhancing for every child.
The staff will:
- Be committed to the on-going implementation of the National Quality agenda, National quality framework and the National Quality standards.
- Be committed to equity and believing in all children’s capabilities to succeed, regardless of diverse circumstances and abilities.
- Create a welcoming environment where all children and families are respected, represented and actively encouraged to collaborate with educators about curriculum decisions in order to ensure that learning experiences are meaningful.
- Embrace the Early Years Learning Framework for the opportunities it offers to children and their families.
- Recognise that diversity contributes to the richness of our society and provides a valid evidence base about ways of knowing, including promoting a greater understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of knowing and being.
- Respect and work with each child’s unique qualities and abilities.
- Be responsive to all children’s strengths, abilities and interests by valuing and building on children’s strengths, skills and knowledge to ensure their motivation and engagement in learning.
- Promote children’s learning through worthwhile and challenging experiences and interactions that foster high level thinking skills.
Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia; DEEWR, 2009.
Guide to the national Quality Standard 2011.